- Morality & Global Health: Panel at Harvard Friday Feb 21
- Maria Skobtsova Film – Update!
- “Theology and Spiritual Care Beyond Story”
- The unbelievable Christian Creed (Grawemeyer winner 2019)
- Concentrate on something very, very small
- Public Health, Religion, and Spirituality Network: Fall Bulletin now live!
- Justice for the Poor in early Rabbinic Law (book summary)
- Spirituality, Theology & Health (Durham UK): New website!
- Garb of Being!
- Women in Global Health: Learn, Engage, Advance, Disrupt
- Care for the Poor in Late Antique Egypt
- AJR: Food & Transformation
- How Medical Texts in Antiquity were Written: Colloquium Sept. 23-25, 2019
- Health worker report on faith collaborations in the US
- First Book Workshop – Application Call – Deadline 9/6/19
- Kippers posted from here; and other summer reflections
- Food, Health & The Body: Duke Collaborative Calls for Applications
- CFP: Religion & Public Health in Environmental Research
- Thank you, Ellen Aitken: Updated
Category Archives: Reflection
I posted this originally in 2014, when I first learned of the tragic death to very aggressive cancer on June 14 of that summer of Ellen Bradshaw Aitken. This post is a slightly updated “remembering again,” adding a few more … Continue reading
Apropos of not much else on this blog: I’ve had a warm spot for the albatross ever since, one very special summer in college, living a short train ride from Geneva in Switzerland, the children in my apartment generously let … Continue reading
(Ecclesiastes 7:59, RSV) (illustrating how my mind reads the Bible these days…?)
It’s raining cornflakes, brown and red, So crisp they crunch beneath my feet. Perhaps they’re waiting to be fed To winter’s hungry, milk-white street. They crackle in the frosty air And trickle down, one under one, As rain strips sugar-frosteds bare … Continue reading