- Public Health, Religion, and Spirituality Network: Fall Bulletin now live!
- Justice for the Poor in early Rabbinic Law (book summary)
- Spirituality, Theology & Health (Durham UK): New website!
- Garb of Being!
- Women in Global Health: Learn, Engage, Advance, Disrupt
- Care for the Poor in Late Antique Egypt
- AJR: Food & Transformation
- How Medical Texts in Antiquity were Written: Colloquium Sept. 23-25, 2019
- Health worker report on faith collaborations in the US
- First Book Workshop – Application Call – Deadline 9/6/19
- Kippers posted from here; and other summer reflections
- Food, Health & The Body: Duke Collaborative Calls for Applications
- CFP: Religion & Public Health in Environmental Research
- Thank you, Ellen Aitken: Updated
- Patristic Studies in Boston: July 14-19, 2019
- “But nobody noticed when the albatross had disappeared”*
- Coming Soon: The Garb of Being
- Touching a Leper
- “God made man upright but they have sought out many devices…”
Author Archives: srholman
Delighted to see the inaugural Bulletin now live on the Public Health, Religion, and Spirituality Network! Read it HERE!
New book summary: Benjamin Porst’s English summary of his new book, Justice for the Poor: The Principles of Welfare Regulations from Biblical Law to Rabbinic Literature in the November 6 Ancient Jew Review. The book (only available in Hebrew) focuses on “jurisprudential” theory … Continue reading
Click on the image above to visit the new site, which now lives at: https://www.dur.ac.uk/csth/. Note the Centre’s interdisciplinary research “that engages theologically with health and human flourishing.” For more about religion as it connects with health and human flourishing, … Continue reading
Off the press & spotted in real time! More information here. It has been a joy to work on this with amazing co-editors Georgia Frank and Andrew Jacobs. And abundant thanks to all of our phenomenal chapter authors. And thank … Continue reading
Read about four amazing women leaders in global health, recently named the inaugural 2019 Jane Jie Sun cohort of the Women in Global Health LEAD Fellowship at Harvard University. The group includes the founder of a non-profit tackling HIV/AIDS in … Continue reading