- Public Health, Religion, and Spirituality Network: Fall Bulletin now live!
- Justice for the Poor in early Rabbinic Law (book summary)
- Spirituality, Theology & Health (Durham UK): New website!
- Garb of Being!
- Women in Global Health: Learn, Engage, Advance, Disrupt
- Care for the Poor in Late Antique Egypt
- AJR: Food & Transformation
- How Medical Texts in Antiquity were Written: Colloquium Sept. 23-25, 2019
- Health worker report on faith collaborations in the US
- First Book Workshop – Application Call – Deadline 9/6/19
- Kippers posted from here; and other summer reflections
- Food, Health & The Body: Duke Collaborative Calls for Applications
- CFP: Religion & Public Health in Environmental Research
- Thank you, Ellen Aitken: Updated
- Patristic Studies in Boston: July 14-19, 2019
- “But nobody noticed when the albatross had disappeared”*
- Coming Soon: The Garb of Being
- Touching a Leper
- “God made man upright but they have sought out many devices…”
Monthly Archives: September 2019
The stunning and stimulating online journal, Ancient Jew Review, usually counts among my pleasure reading, so somehow never gets mentioned here. But this issue–with the tease into reading J.C. Warren’s article on her book, Food and Transformation in Ancient Mediterranean Literature–demands … Continue reading
If anyone interested in this topic happens to be in Lausanne (or in and around Geneva) next week, this colloquium on the composition procedures of late antique medical texts looks absolutely fascinating. More info at https://wp.unil.ch/medecineancienne/colloques/. Program: https://wp.unil.ch/medecineancienne/colloques/ Registration (auditors … Continue reading