TEACHING PACK: “Accidents and Injuries: Lessons from a Stampede”
This collection of resources explores the health risks and responses to unintentional accidents and injuries through discussion of the stampede that occurred during the 2013 Kumbh Mela religious pilgrimage in India. In addition to the case, written by Satchit Balsari, MD, MPH, and Susan Holman, MS, PhD, the pack features an instructor’s note, discussion guide, role-play exercise, annotated bibliography, and glossary of terms.
- Kinetic words for a soul in transfigural space
- Learning from Ebola
- Orthodox Relief: Resource
- “Doctors in the Choir” (and all articles): free download through June!
- Want to be a force for good? Report positive news.
- Just because
- Keeping our temples straight
- Public Health, Religion & Spirituality Bulletin: New Essays Online
- Fielding Hospitality: Rural Restauranteurs
- A few thoughts on disease, community, and grief
- Webinar: Pandemics: Past, Present, Future
- Being Neighborly in Berlin Prayers
- Open for Worship: Outdoors Encouraged
- Racial inequities in America: Glimpses from the Firehose
- New! Infectious Historians (podcast)
- Tech-free worship across back gardens
- It’s been said before
- Holy (week) Light