Reporter Amy Costello travels the world’s dirt roads to follow up on celebrated aid projects, public health initiatives, and charities. Read and listen to the stories she posts at Public Radio International on “Tracking Charity: A Global Investigative Project.” Some topics include:
- Are volunteer programs empowering or exploitative?
- Reporting on Malaria: An Ethical Choice, and Photographs Untaken
- Haiti medical volunteers: Learning from mistakes
- International Adoption: When altruism becomes industry
- TOMS Shoes rethinks its ‘buy one, give one’ model of helping the needy
Visit Amy’s podcast, Tiny Spark